Work With Us
JOBS AT FLOURIST
JOIN OUR TEAM
Work With Us
Flourist is an East Vancouver Bakery and Flour Mill that prioritizes an ethical and responsible supply chain, featuring exclusively Canadian farmed grains and legumes. We offer competitive wages, employee perks, and benefits after 6 months. We are committed to cultivating a fun, fast paced work environment that is supportive, educational, and kind.
CURRENT OPENING | Posted May 18th 2023
Full Time Prep Chef | Commercial Street
We are hiring and experienced prep chef to lead our Prep Foods Station. Wage is $20 per hour plus tips.
Flourist prep cooks are responsible for the daily salads, seasonal soups, and take-home prepared foods that our customers love. Reporting to the Head Baker, we are looking for someone to manage the systems that keep this station running smoothly as well as for someone to take the lead creatively on this assortment. Flourist is a vegetarian kitchen, all the food we make is vegetarian or vegan. This role will be responsible for executing on the daily prep and production needs.
Items made will include but are not limited to:
- grain salads, green salads, sandwich components
- stove items: bolognese, baked beans, hummus
- jams, pickles, and lots more
We hire people with various experience if they are the right fit, but ideal candidates will possess:
– at least 1 year of experience in a high quality kitchen
– Passion for quality with a desire to seek out feedback for areas of improvement
– Interest in developing knowledge about whole grains and legumes
– Long-term desire to work in a bakery
If this seems like a fit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a short note. Note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.